Sustainable business practices forms part of Dial-a-Picnic business philosophy.
There are 3 components to sustainability, i.e. environmental, social and economic sustainability. Below we have listed the practices we follow to maintain a more sustainable business model.
Environmental / Ecological Sustainability:
- We use organic fresh produce & products where possible
- We recycle all our kitchen waste and work this back into our gardens
- We use biodegradable, re-usable or recyclable packaging which in turn reduces unnecessary waste
- Our Environmentally Friendly Shopping bag is a solution to the plastic bag endemic which is polluting our suburbs and threatening animal life.
- We employ people from disadvantage areas when needs be. They are employed on a casual and per job basis. Everything depends on volume. The bigger the function the more jobs we can create.
- Our baskets are made by blind individuals to whom this (weaving of baskets) is their sole income
- Our Environmentally Friendly Shopping bags are made by individuals who lost their jobs in the clothing industry due to the increase in imported products from China.
- We only support local business and try to use as much small business products as possible.
More about the plastic bag endemic and how our Environmentally Friendly Bags are making a difference!
Over and above the fact that plastic bags are a common sight all over South Africa, polluting our beautiful country, nearly 200 different species marine life including whales, dolphins, seals and turtles die due to plastic bags.
Multipurpose Environmentally Friendly Bags – made by Novelty Business Concepts.
More about our manufacturers:
- 13 ex clothing industry unemployed people from Silverton-Athlone and Ravensmead are doing all the manufacturing from their home – the complete product.
- All printing is being done by SAFP
(South African Fabric Printers – a totally BEE owned company)
- Bag always available (on keys) for any emergency
- You can pack your left over picnic goodies inside and take it home for later
- Less plastic bags filling up our home and polluting our beautiful country.
- Lightweight but heavy duty material
- Wash and durable